Atonix Digital develops and offers a suite of software powered by the ASSET360® cloud-based analytics platform. Our solutions create a multidimensional view of systems, infrastructure assets and processes to boost efficiency, increase accuracy of planning and improve day-to-day decision-making in an ever-changing landscape at more than 100 businesses worldwide.
If you have a passion for visualizing the user experience and building it from the ground up, we want to speak to you. We’re looking for folks with exceptional web development skills. We want candidates that love to build rich customer experiences, and that want to work on projects that require creative thinking and challenge themselves and others to constantly come up with better solutions.
We are seeking a talented web developer to help us design, build, and maintain a stunning and professional front-end to a suite of web applications. The right candidate has a strong design background, with solid development experience and skills. You will work in dynamic scrum teams on product feature design through release, and work closely with our Visual Design, UX, and Back End development teams to create modern web sites and web applications. You will develop reusable frameworks to build pages rapidly, and utilize your understanding of the pros and cons of adaptive vs. responsive design across multiple browsers and devices. You will also utilize frameworks such as Bootstrap and Angular to build web applications. Keeping up to date with the latest trends in design, usability and technologies, will be critical for this role. Applicant should have good communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with various team members and be able to work efficiently in both independent and collaborative situations.
Candidates must have demonstrable experience building real world projects, be willing to share their portfolio of designs, and must be able to contribute from day one.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize original branded designs, as well as create designs based on existing design standards, branding, and company objectives.
- Work closely with visual design and back-end development teams to produce rich client experiences and visually appealing and intuitive interfaces.
- Balance design with performance, scalability, reusability and readability. Be a platform thinker.
- Participate in requirements definition, produce development estimates, and continually meet deliverables.
- Define and build wireframes, visual designs and mockups of the user experience for standard and mobile web-based projects.
- Code HTML/CSS prototypes from your own and other’s designs, and you ship high quality features the first time.
- Have a passion for great mobile user experience and knowledge of mobile patterns.
- Continuously improve our HTML and CSS code to optimize performance and positive user experience.
- Think as a product owner. Constantly seek to improve the user experiences and only rarely consider them truly done. Excellent attention to detail, and take ownership and personally invest in products delivered.
- You are not focused on the perfect solution for a problem, but rather the best solution given the time constraints.
- Staying aware of what’s new, what’s changing, and are eager to incorporate coding innovations.
- Communicate the benefits and consequences of one technology or approach over another to less technical colleagues.
Typically a minimum of 1 year related work experience.
To be considered, you must be creative, passionate about design, and have strong technical ability in the following areas:
- Accredited degree in Graphic Design, Web Development, Computer Science or related field preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 3+ years of related experience required.
- Design skills: Graphic design, layout, and web design. Must provide multiple samples of work.
- Proficient in Photoshop/ other design products (Illustrator, Fireworks, etc.).
- Keen eye to preserve integrity of the design throughout the entire development process.
- Demonstrated expertise in coding cross-browser interfaces writing high-performance, reusable code for UI components.
- Experience building for Responsive and Adaptive Designs and awareness of UX best practices.
- Experience developing for multi-device experiences.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently with multiple projects under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Turn out exceptional work in weeks, not months, and are able to jump in on a project at any point in its life cycle.
- Strong articulation skills—both verbal and visual.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Strong visual design portfolio showcasing your approach to solving a variety of complicated design problems using creativity, critical thinking, and fluency in best practices of user-centered design.
- Experience designing both web and mobile applications.
- Proficiency with Adobe CS (including XD), Sketch, or other design tools.
- Experience in user research techniques including user interviews and usability testing.
- Ability to effectively communicate research results and design decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with a variety of UX design deliverables including: rapid prototypes, user stories, concept sketches, storyboards, information architecture, interaction design, interface (UI) design, visual design, and infographics.
Atonix Digital is a Black & Veatch subsidiary. Black & Veatch manages the application process for open positions at Atonix Digital. As you apply, you will enter the Black & Veatch system but be assured you are applying for the position described above.